Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Go Carts

Yesterday we did what we do just about every day...went out to see a little part of the city we haven't seen yet. Only this time, we found a nice little run-down theme park/creepy carnival. I don't think the place is very old, but like I've said before, acid rain really does a number on things. Those carousel horses did not look happy at all. It's not your usual theme park though where you pay at the gate...although it may look that way from the outside. We actually just stepped over a chain that went across the gate and went on in to venture around the park. There were lots of old men there flying kites and a few fishing from a small pond, but other than that we were pretty much the only people wandering around the place. That is, until we saw a man in a bumper car. I've never done bumper cars by myself, but he sure was. I think it kinda defeats the purpose of the name "bumper cars" but whatever. So we decided that since he was doing his thing in his bumper car that apparently these other rides were up for grabs too. There was the carousel that I told you about, a "roller coaster" that I wouldn't dare get on, one of those plane things that goes around in a circle that little kids like, and bumper cars. None of them looked like they were up and running but apparently if you go over and wait long enough, someone will come over and help you. But we decided not to do any of the rides and just continued our walk throughout the rest of the park. And then we spotted...drum roll please: The Go Carts. Brandon's automatic response: "Hey Honda engines...ooohh I bet those things go fast!" Again, this theme park is going for the more 'creepy carnival' type look, so this is what the go cart place looked like.

Look closely and you'll see chickens, and one rooster, fenced in behind the Go Cart building. Now, you're average creepy carnival visitor might not risk their money and life at this sort of Go Cart business, but keep in mind that as of yesterday we've been here six months, haven't driven anything for just as long, and therefore that disqualifies us for having any sort of sane reasoning. So we went over, did the waiting thing until two men came out of the shack in front of the chicken coup, and we paid our dues for Brandon to ride No. 01 Go Cart. (I wasn't quite as brave...and besides, someone had to take pictures) So Brandon gets in and the man straps up Brandon's seat belt, which was one strap that looped around his left arm...which in all actuality would probably do better at making him lose his left arm if he were to crash and roll...into the chicken coup.

And Brandon takes off!




I took video as well but someone decided to ride the airplane ride while I video-d and so there's some sort of strange laser gun sound in the background of the entire video. oh well.

So that was our outing to the creepy carnival, which I'm sure we'll be visiting again as soon as Brandon needs to drive something again.

2 comments:

Anthony and Sharon said...

I can't think of anything witty to say because I'm laughing too hard. Brandon all by himself on go-carts, chickens, dismal surroundings, possible loss of arms, and lone bumper man...you guys out-did yourselves this time...HILARIOUS!

Bekah Schaub said...

wow... you guys are in the midst of a grand and glorious adventure. :) Don't overload...